EASA INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATION SFI/ TRI
We offer initial and refresher Synthetic Flight Instructor (SFI) and Type Rating Instructor (TRI) courses for Airbus A320, A330 and A340. If your qualification is up for renewal or revalidation, we can conduct an Assessment of Competence. We also provide the required base training to unrestrict a TRI qualification.
SFI / TRI INITIAL QUALIFICATION
Training towards a SFI or TRI qualification is composed of three parts:
- Teaching and learning instruction (FCL.920)
- Technical theoretical-knowledge instruction
- Flight instruction in a FFS
TEACHING AND LEARNING
TrainingAir has specifically tailored the Teaching and Learning course to be relevant for SFI or TRI candidates aiming to teach in a multi-crew environment. The course delivers 25 hours of instruction over 3 days, focussing on the following elements:
- The teaching and learning process
- Training philosophy
- Planning of training exercises
- Trainee evaluation and grading
- The instruction of Crew Resource Management and Threat Error Management
- Briefing workshops
- Candidates who already hold an EASA instructor qualification may use the credit from their first course.
TECHNICAL & FLIGHT INSTRUCTION
The technical and flight instruction parts of the training course are combined and comprise 10 hours of theoretical instruction and briefing and 10 hours hands-on training per trainee in the FSTD, followed by a 2-hour Assessment of Competence in the FSTD.
If you already hold a TRI qualification on an Airbus type (A320 for example), you may gain a supplementary TRI qualification by completing a familiarisation session and an Assessment of Competence on the new type (A330) provided you hold a valid type rating.
The minimum requirements to obtain a TRI qualification are:
- hold a CPL, MPL or ATPL pilot license on the applicable aircraft category
- have completed 1 500 hours flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot airplanes; and
- have completed, within the 12 months preceding the date of application, 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings, as PIC or co-pilot on the applicable aeroplane type, of which 15 sectors may be completed in an FFS representing that type.
The minimum requirements to obtain a SFI qualification are:
- hold a CPL, MPL or ATPL pilot licence on the applicable aircraft category
- have completed the proficiency check for the issue of the specific aircraft type rating in an FFS representing the applicable type, within the 12 months preceding the application; and
- have completed 1 500 hours flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot aeroplanes; and
- completed, as a pilot or as an observer, within the 12 months preceding the application, at least:
- 3 route sectors on the flight deck of the applicable aircraft type; or
- 2 line-orientated flight training-based simulator sessions conducted by qualified flight crew on the flight deck of the applicable type. These simulator sessions shall include 2 flights of at least 2 hours each between 2 different aerodromes, and the associated pre-flight planning and de-briefing
- We have a specific training program available for pilots who do not initially meet the requirements for SFI, which comprises an LPC and 2 LOFT sectors, flown in a FFS.
SFI / TRI REFRESHER
The TrainingAir refresher training for revalidation of the TRI and SFI certificates is provided as an on-line web-seminar and consists of 6 hours of learning. For optimum interaction amongst the participants and the facilitator, we limit the attendance to 6 people.
The content of the refresher seminar for revalidation follows the requirements set forth by EASA through FCL.940 and associated AMCs. Upon completion of the seminar, the attendees will receive a Course Completion Certificate.
Training centres across Europe & Asia are selected for the quality of their facilities and ease of access:
- Billund (BLL) Language Proficiency
- Copenhagen (CPH) Airbus A320 / A330
- Frankfurt (FRA) Airbus A320 / A330 / A340
- Munich (MUC) Airbus A320 / A330
- Paris (CDG) Airbus A320 / A330 / A340 / A350 Boeing 737-800 / ATR 72
- Singapore (SIN) Airbus A320