Practical Flight Training
Specifically designed for new/amateur drone operators who want to develop their competency and skills by practising air work with our team of trained drone instructorsRead More
Practical drone flight training
- The Practical Flight Training Course has been specifically designed for new/amateur drone operators who want to develop their competency and skills by practising air work with our team of trained drone instructors.
- It is for people with low drone operating experience who want to develop their skills, or for people looking to move into a more commercial use setting for their drone to practice the skills needed for that.
- The course is structured around developing the basic flying skills and techniques used to operate drones. Focussing on hand-eye coordination, manual flying skills and manoeuvres such as take-off, landing/recovery and stable flight techniques for photography/videography.
- The course is designed to be 1:1 but can be delivered to a group if you have several people wanting to learn together.
- After an introduction and an assessment of your experience level our instructor will then deliver a tailored session to help you get the most from your drone based on what you want to accomplish in a safe, relaxed and informative manner.
- Our instructor is also there to answer any questions you may have about drones, operating them in the UK, starting to use the drone commercially etc.
- Their experience can help leapfrog you above others in similar positions, teaching you the tips and tricks to get you off the ground faster than your competition.
- The main benefit of having a structured practical flight training session is avoiding some of the common mistakes people make with their new drones.
- As drones have soared in popularity they have become easier and easier to operate – often leading to false overconfidence in ability – leaving manual flying skills at a relatively low level.
- This can lead to costly crashes and damages. A structured practical flight training course can help develop your skills, maximising your safety and operational performance.
A2 Certificate Course
The A2 CofC is the training course and qualification needed to operate in the A2 Subcategory of the OPEN Category under the new UAS regulations…Read More
This Fast-Track allows you to Unlock your drones full potential by taking the A2 FastTrack Course. <strong>FROM JAN 2021</strong> the CAA has introduced a new qualification for Drone Pilots. The A2 Certificate Course. This course allows you to operate your drone in more areas than previously allowed. It is a very simple, eLearning based course with an online test at the end. UAVHUB can help you breeze through this new qualification and get you up and flying with the new regulations. The course is relatively straight-forward, simple and a cheap solution for unlocking the potential of you and your drone in more places across the UK. The A2 Certificate allows you to fly your drone in built-up areas (if you keep a minimum distance of 30m from uninvolved people).
This allows you to fly your drone in:
The course is designed to take 4 hours of self-learning and revision delivered via web-based eLearning. After that, there is an online test with the CAA. The test comprises 30 multiple choice questions which you have 75 minutes to answer (in reality the test will only take you 15-20 minutes).
Photography/ Videography Course
Learn how to professionally conduct safe drone flight operations and how to capture stunning footage with your droneRead More
We’ll teach you:
- professional aerial cinematography shots
- the movements used by film crews throughout the film and television industry
- how to capture the most cinematic and stunning aerial shots
- how to set up your drone safely and correctly
- make sure that you understand the camera settings that will enable you to shoot better video footage with your done
You’ll have a much better understanding of the theory behind shooting film as we take you through:
- shutter speed
- white balance
- colour profiles
Learn to get your GVC (General Visual Line of Sight Certificate) Operational Authorisation so you can fly your drones in the Specific CategoryRead More
How does the course work?
This is a completely unique, on-demand, video-based learning course which has been crafted to provide you with the same incredible learning journey we’ve become renowned for… But all from the comfort and safety of your own home! The Fast-Track GVC Drone course is taught by our industry expert who will guide you through the learning process that will ultimately lead to you becoming a certified drone operator in the Specific Category.
The Online GVC Drone Course Includes:
- Video-based E-Learning of GVC syllabus (8+ Hours)
- CAA Approved ‘Virtual theory Examination Session’ ◦ Available between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
- Operations Manual Created for you (through the HUBSUBin partnership with Open Sky Consulting)
- Operational Evaluation (Your Drone Flight test) – booked on a separate day ◦ Times available between 10.00 am – 15.00 pm between Monday – Friday.
- Award of RAE Recommendation Certificate for GVC* ◦ This certificate allows you to apply for an Operational Authorisation from the CAA. (an Application for Operational Authorisation costs £253 and is payable directly to the CAA to be granted your Permissions by them)
- Free flight test insurance (with Coverdrone)
Flight Test Venue(s):
When the time comes, you can book your Drone Flight Assessment at the following locations:
- Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire
- Cudmore Fisheries, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire
OPERATIONAL SAFETY CASE – TRAINING COURSE
A specialist course delivered on how to write an Operating Safety Case (OSC) and get better permissions from the CAARead More
Walkthrough of the 3 volumes of the Operating Safety Case, using a real-life example of an OSC that allowed permissions down to 10m of uninvolved people. In addition to walking you through all 3 volumes, your instructor will show you the secret to the Safety Management System (SMS) using the Bowtie method of risk assessing, which is the preferred method for the UK Civil Aviation Authority because it is used in the full-size aviation world.
The OSC course is designed for people who want to operate down to reduced separation distances from uninvolved people than those granted currently with Standard Permissions (PfCO). The OSC can also be used to apply for permissions such as Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS). We would highly recommend that you already have completed a PfCO course with an NQE or a General VLOS Certificate (GVC) course with an RAE before doing this course.
Starting a Successful Drone Business
Accelerate your new companies growth and avoid common mistakes with this course. This course will teach you to …Read More
- Avoid making the mistakes many make when entering the Drone Industry
- How to successfully implement the Inbound Methodology to your business
- Lessons delivered over a 6-week strategy
Operations Manual Subscription Service
The Ultimate industry subscription to ensure that your Operations Manual is always up-to-date for your PfCO …Read More
Or operational Authorisation. You’ll also get EXCLUSIVE discounts on courses and Drone Hardware through our partner.
- Keeping your Operations Manual up-to-date (Yearly updates worth £149)
- Access to UAVHUB Pilot’s Lounge Forum
- Save 10% on ALL UAVHUB Courses*
- Save 3% on Selected Drone Hardware (valued over £299)*
Land Surveying With Drones
This course has been designed from the ground up to ensure you have the primary knowledge to successfully plan for …Read More
automated drone flight operations to capture land mapping data for orthomosaics, 3D models, detailed 3D maps and how to process all of the data. You’ll get shown how to output the data and present it to your clients in an effective way.
- Introduction to land surveying
- Data Capture
- Data Processing
- Data Analysis
Drone Night Training
The training will take you through the increased hazards with operating at night and the additional safety procedures you will have to put in placeRead More
- Air Law
- Human Factors
- Operations Manual and Flight Planning