A frozen atpl holder refers to somebody who has passed all the required theoretical exams but does not qualify them to be issued with a full ATPL until they have logged a total of 1500 hours and subject to certain conditions: an atpl will remain frozen until you have reached 1500 hours of flying time, which is made up of the following criteria:
- 500 hrs multi-pilot in transport or commuter aircraft
- 250 hrs pic (or 100 pilot in command and 150 pic under supervision)*
- 200 hrs cross country flights (100 as pilot in command)
- 75 hrs instrument time
- 100 hrs night flight as pic or co-pilot
- Everything you need to know about going for the skills test is here: caa website
All Courses come with:
- 1-hour briefing
- Full motion simulator session (normally 2 hours is sufficient to complete the skills test per person)
- Detailed debrief and paperwork to be signed
- 2hrs is necessary if done individually, or 4hrs if shared with another pilot.
- Please note ** is for aircraft requiring a minimum 4 hour booking which 2 pilots can share the cost of.
- The TRE will help you complete the paperwork and send it off to the relevant authority.
SKILLS TESTS CAN BE COMPLETED ON THE FOLLOWING AIRCRAFT:
- Airbus A320
- Airbus A330
- Boeing 737 NG
- Boeing 777**
- Boeing 787**
- Embraer 135/145**
- Embraer 170/190**